By Mike Chua | Last Updated: April 16, 2020
Do you feel unsafe when going to the toilet alone? Those with limited mobility or suffering from an injury or post-surgery may find a best toilet safety rail useful.
For these people, a toilet safety rail or frame is just what they need. Looking to buy one? Consider these important factors.
- A. Measure the rail accurately so that it can properly accommodate your bathroom. Otherwise, it can be too broad or narrow, making it uncomfortable to use.
- B. Are you someone who has difficulty in installing items with tools, drilling, or cementing? Look for something which comes in an already built state to prevent you from all the hassles.
- C. Sturdiness is an essential factor to look for in a safety rail. It prevents any forward slipping or falling from standing up. Make sure the arms doesn’t wobble or shake when you try to stand up from the sitting position.
Buy a foldable and portable frame if you need to use it in different toilets and need to carry it from place to place.
The Top 8 Toilet Safety Rails You Need to Choose Here.
- Here are the 8 best toilet safety rails you can take a look at.
1.Vive Toilet Safety Rail
It’s the perfect solution for anyone suffering from surgery or any injury. It is durable, easy to install, and offers good comfort.
With the rubber pad to protect you from feeling the hard metal, the handrails are adjustable, as well. Also, while it’s made from aluminum, it’s corrosion-resistant, so you use it for as long as you want.
- 1Easy to install- The compact toilet rail is easy to install and doesn’t need any tools, cementing or even drilling. Install this durable rail with only two provided seat bolts. It also comes with a simple step instruction manual.
- 2Comfortable- Padded with soft rubber on both of the handrails, it offers a secure and strong grip. Plus, it can support up to 300 pounds.
- 3Perfect for all standard toilets- Suitable for any standard elongated or oval toilets to install. The handrails can be readjusted from 17” to 20” wide depending on the comfort zone of the patient.
- 1Not sturdy- The handrails slip off the rim of the toilet seat if you put any outward pressure. The two bolts cannot be tightened enough to stop the arms from moving.
2.RMS Toilet Safety Frame & Rail
If you are suffering from any mobility problems and need help in the toilet, then look further! The toilet safety rail is sturdy and offers a comfortable grip. Plus, it’s portable too and is easy to install. For one, the frame itself is foldable and portable. Take this easy-to-carry frame wherever you go.
- 1Portable safety rails- The bathroom toilet safety rail is easily foldable. It’s compact in size, and you can take it wherever you want. Use it only when you need it. Store it in a secure place when you don’t.
- 2Comfortable- The handrails are designed with soft padded foam for a more secure and comfortable grip. It makes it easy to sit and stand holding the padded handle. The adjustable height offers a better comfort level.
- 3Footrest- The frame comes with a footrest that locks with the two front frame legs to provide it better stability and support.
- 1Design issue- The back support of the frame doesn’t easily rest properly in its place which prevents the lid from opening all the way up
3.Vive Stand Alone Toilet Rail
The freestanding toilet rail is designed with a magazine holder on the side to store all your necessary magazines or newspapers and read it when you need to. It helps to pass away your time easily. The rail also has a comfortable handle and saves you from all the hassle you go through while installing a safety rail as it is a tool-free assembly. Perfect for any senior, handicapped, or any adult who had an injury or a surgery.
- 1Tool-free assembly- The rail doesn’t need any tool to install it as it comes as a whole but the handles are removable. It is also lightweight, and pretty portable.
- 2Durable- The materials used in the rail are corrosion-free making it suitable for long term use. It can support up to 300 pounds, ideal for nearly everyone.
- 3Comfortable- The rails have a soft foam wrapped around the handle for a more secure and non-slip grip. It also makes it pain-free to use while sitting down or standing up.
- 1Tippy- The Rail inclines to one side when the pressure is given to the only side of the rail instead of putting both hands on each side of the rail while standing up.
- 2Design flaws- The arms cannot be adjustable and has a fixed height which can be uncomfortable for some people. Also, it tends to slide on the floor as it doesn’t have any extra support to keep it stable on the ground.
4.Medline Toilet Safety Rails
This safety rail has anodized aluminum frame with a skid-resistant rubber wrapper at the tip of both the legs. It is easy for you to install and also to clean. As it is designed to fit most of the composting toilets, use it in different commodes with the help of the adjustable legs.
- 1Comfortable- The rail has closed-cell foam on the armrest which makes it comfortable and pain-free to use it for any adult having limited mobility.
- 2Easy installation- The rail has a hassle-free installation with no tools needed. It has adjustable height option to make it fit in most of the oval or elongated toilets.
- 1Wobbly- The rail bends as it doesn’t have strong lateral stability. It’s not perfect for someone who needs proper balance in the toilet. The bolts cannot be screwed enough to stop the instability.
- 2Not for short person- Though the arms are adjustable, it cannot be adjusted low enough to make it fit for short height persons.
5.Vaunn Deluxe Bathroom Safety Toilet Rail
This bathroom safety toilet rail is designed with multiple features to make it as much comfortable as possible for any adult who needs assistance from sitting down or standing up. This freestanding rail will also give you no hassle in installing it in the toilet. All you need to do is place it in the middle of the toilet bowl.
- 1Sturdy and durable – The rail is sturdy and is made up of high-quality metal steel and can support up to a weight of 300 pounds. This durable rail also fits most of the standard commodes.
- 2Comfortable- The arms of the rail have padded soft rubber for a pain-free and comfort grip. It also provides more security.
- 3Adjustable height- The length of the arms has adjustable feature, between 27.5” to 33”. Make it fit properly in the toilet or for the comfort zone of any adult having limited mobility.
- 4Portable – The frame folds easily for a better convenience at storage and has no hassle to move from place to place.
- 1Unstable- The rail shakes when you try to stand up or down and it even tips to the one side of the pressure is given to any one of the arms.
- 2Narrow- The width between the arms is too narrow for most people to use. Also, the width distance is not adjustable as well.
6.OasisSpace Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail
Now enjoy a hassle free installation of a toilet safety rail. This freestanding safety rail is tool-free and easy to assemble within minutes. It also folds for storage and portable as well.
- 1Easy to install- The rail offers a tool-free installation with easy assembly. The FDA cleared frame also fits most of the standard oval or elongated toilets.
- 2Durable and portable- The rail has a corrosion-resistant aluminum frame, making it durable. It also folds for storage and to move it from one place to another.
- 3Padded grip- Designed with soft padded rubbers in the arms, it provides a secure and comfortable grip and the rubber also makes it pain-free to hold. Also, the suction cup at the tip of the legs is easily replaceable with the extra rubber feet provided.
- 1Design issues- The bar at the back of the lid pushes the lid forward making it uncomfortable always to push the lid back up when it falls down.
- 2Wobbly- The rail doesn’t stay in its place and wobbles when you use only one hand to get up.
7. Vaunn Medical Bathroom Adjustable Height Toilet Rail
This medical safety rail provides safety support for any adult suffering from arthritis or any recent injury or surgery. Now you don’t have to worry about slipping or falling as it is sturdy and has anti-slip grab bars.
- 1Sturdy- Constructed with high-quality metal steel frame and can support up to a weight of 300 pounds. It is also durable for long-term use.
- 2Comfortable- The grab bars of the rail have made padded for an anti-slip and comfort grip. It prevents any forward slipping and can adjust height between 24”-29”
- 3Easy to use- The safety rail is portable and fits most of the standard toilets. It also comes with a magazine rack to store all your favorite magazines or newspapers.
- 1Not for small bathrooms- The toilet rail is large and may not fit smaller bathrooms.
- 2Difficulty assembling- The rail comes in a lot of separated parts, which can be a problem to assemble properly as it can get confusing easily.
8.Carex Toilet Safety Frame
This toilet safety rail is easy to install and clean as well. You will love it if you’ve difficulty standing alone or sitting down. The cushioned armrests provide the users with an easy and pain-free grip.
- 1Comfortable hand-grip – Constructed with cushioned soft foam around the handles, it’s easy to hold and offers a firm grip
- 2Fit most toilets- With the adjustable width between 16”-18” it fits most of the standard oval or elongated toilets or commodes.
- 1May not stay in place- The handles may slip off under the toilet seat making it dangerous to use for anyone.
Which one should you go for?
Toilet safety rails offer more security and safety. However, they can be dangerous as well if you don’t choose a frame that fits your toilet perfectly. Always try to hold both of the arms while standing up to prevent any accidents. Our favorite one is the Vaunn Medical Bathroom Adjustable Height Toilet Rail. It has every feature you can need for someone who has limited mobility or even for yourself.
Read the instruction manual carefully to assemble the separated parts correctly. It is sturdy and the anti-slip grip can prevent you from falling.
READ: Top and Latest products guide here..https://vircet.com/